Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Joy of Books


I love books. I fear the day when they go extinct. As much as I like my Kindle, a paper book in my hand is always preferred. I have so many to read that I feel like I should read a lot more often. I am always in the middle of several at once. But perhaps it is better that way, having lots of books and little time to read, than having not enough books in the world worth reading.

And Barnes & Noble is a wonderful place.




"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me."
     -C.S. Lewis


"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing."
     -Benjamin Franklin


"Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten."
     -G.K. Chesterton


"The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid."
     -Jane Austen


"Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them."
     -Lemony Snicket


"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
     -Groucho Marx


"Classic - a book which people praise and don't read."
     -Mark Twain


"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one."
     -George R.R. Martin


"When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
     -Erasmus


"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it."
     -Toni Morrison


"I cannot live without books."
     -Thomas Jefferson


4 comments:

  1. I love book/writer quotes!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, sistahs! :) I had fun creating this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tianna, as an avid reader all my life, I totally relate to this post! The pictures and quotes were wonderful. I had fun reading this!

    ReplyDelete