The Emperor: [to the Senate] In order to ensure our security and continuing stability, the Republic will be reorganized into the first Galactic Empire, for a safe and secure society which I assure you will last for ten thousand years.
[Senate fills with enormous applause]
Padmé : So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause.
- Star Wars Episode III"So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause" pretty much sums up the election results. Some of my Facebook friends were cheering and rejoicing that the most unacceptable president ever just got reelected. But the majority of my friends were mourning. Just scrolling through Facebook post after Facebook post, "I'm moving to Narnia" and "God is Sovereign, God is Sovereign..." I started to think, Will it get that bad? Will we be forced to leave America?
The United States of America is amazing. It was founded on Common Law and Biblical Principles. It is sad to watch it stray so far from where it started, but I guess that's how things work. The world is constantly falling apart, rather than improving. But one thing is for sure. We are still one nation UNDER GOD. He is still there. The eternal perspective is that it will get better. Someday when Christ returns we will reign with him and live in the presence of God forever!
One wise girl posted a status saying that she was amazed by all the "It's the end of the world!!" posts there were on Facebook. She said it's not the best situation ever, but God's still in charge, and he knows what he's doing! She's right. God appointed Obama to be President for another four years. He has a bigger plan, and his plan is the best. Often we think we know better than God. I've definitely been through a couple hard times, and I've learned to trust God, because he knows better.
This point is illustrated in the "Messy Mondays" video for this week called, "I Pledge Blind Allegiance." (These Christian, homeschooled filmmakers are a hit on YouTube for their sarcastic and hilarious videos about truth. I encourage you to watch a few!) In this video, they make fun of Americans like me and my friends who place all their hope in a candidate, when God's the one who's really ruling. This doesn't mean we don't have the responsibility to vote. It's every American's job, and more Christians voting means more godliness in office. Just remember, the real ruler of the universe doesn't ride in Air Force One.
Besides talk about the results, I wanted to say a little about our voting experience. To continue my adventure with changing my name/license/voters registration, etc... I did get a ballot with my old name at my parents' house. Then a couple days later, I got a ballot with my new name at my new house! Don't worry, I only voted with the new one. ;) It was cool to get two though.
Earlier today Andrew and I sat on the couch and read about all the measures and the candidates. We didn't get a voter's guide, but found this one online that was very helpful. You just have to put in your address and it gives you info for all the stuff in your district.
Researching took longer than we thought it would, but we actually made our decisions pretty fast. Except for President. That was a tough one. The question was, Do you vote for the principles you believe in, the person who SHOULD be in office (Constitution Party), or Do you vote to actually make a difference (Republican) because only Obama and Romney have a chance to win? It's so sad that our country has made itself into a two-party system. Really, it's because people don't take the time to research our Constitutional government, or they don't vote on what they know. They only get info from what the media tells them. (There's a good Messy Mondays video about that too! It's called, "The TV Tells Me How to Vote.") Nowadays, I don't feel like I have the choice to vote for what I believe in because it won't make a difference because they can't win anyway. Very frustrating.
It's sad but true that this is now a reality.
Photos: Wookieepedia, Christensen/Gibbs 2012

You're such a great blogger. :) Good post!
ReplyDeleteThanks! <3
Delete