"Rock-a-bye Baby... in Mother's arms.
Safe and content, snuggled and warm.
When she sings songs, her baby will smile.
To sleep will drift baby, in a short while."
I made that up just now. :) I wanted to share a few things relating to babies and songs, so I thought I'd group them into one blog post!
First, this video from GodTube was floating around Facebook, and I thought it was so sweet. This doctor gives babies their first birthday gift: a song! For each baby he delivers, he leads the whole delivery room in "Happy Birthday to You." How special is that! It's the baby's first few minutes breathing air in his new home, and he is serenaded with music! I just love how much joy this doctor has and how he loves celebrating each new "future special person" he meets with music.
On a more comical note, this was also on Facebook: a musical birth announcement, "Call Me Baby," set to the tune of the popular song, "Call Me Maybe." I thought it was very clever. I may be way too excited to think of something that clever whenever our birth announcement comes along, but it would be fun to do something unique!
The third thing is something I'd love to do if we ever have a nursery. I definitely want to sing lullabies to my babies, but I don't know many. So to remind me of different songs I like, I want to paint (or stick on) the first line or so of different songs onto the walls of their room for decor! Here are some songs I could use: When you Wish Upon a Star, Baby Mine, Stay Awake, Make Our Garden Grow, Castle on a Cloud, and You'll Be in My Heart. Also slow & quiet worship songs!
Anyway, those were some things I wanted to share and a thought on a future baby idea of mine. :)
I definitely want to bless my baby with the gift of song. Our home is one of music now, and I hope adding little voices will only increase the joy of music in our house! Who knows, maybe my baby will start enjoying music before birth!

No comments:
Post a Comment