October and Autumn are both in full-swing! I love this time of year.You know it's October when...
- Coffee shops and cafes start selling Pumpkin everything!
- Stores are decked out with leaves, owls, and cobwebs.
- Pinterest is suddenly filled with pins of beautiful leaves, sweaters & boots, pumpkin decorating ideas, and yummy fall recipies. It made me want to start my own board: Pinterest is for Autumn.
Here's what October means to me. :)
Getting sick.... and having more time to read! I finished The Last Battle during my recent cold. :)
All of the grass at our house is finally hydrated and turns green instead of brown. And all of the green leaves on the trees turn red, yellow, orange, and brown. :) That's the most beautiful part of Autumn.
The return of the beetles! At our house every year around October, a whole colony of little beetles descend upon our house. They don't hurt the house (although we're guessing they're harming the trees), but they are everywhere! I don't mind them as long as they don't come inside the house!
A walk in Lithia Park! Every fall my mom and sister and I would go on a walk through Lithia Park in Ashland, right when the leaves were at their brightest! Often it was with friends or our homeschool group. This year it was just mom, Andrew, and I. We took our time, and it was beautiful! It was fun to introduce my husband to the tradition. :)
![]() |
| We did see deer at the park, but they weren't this big! |
This year we are involved in a murder mystery play at Barnstormers Theatre. Andrew is the stage manager, and I play Freda Mountjoy, the authoress. At first I wasn't sure I wanted to do it, because acting in front of people is scary, right? I have done musicals and ballets, but this is different. I mean, where's the music? I found out it's really not scary at all: not when you have nine other people on stage supporting you. I'm having lots of fun with it! I don't know what's so fun about fooling the audience, making them scared and wonder what's going on, but it seems very Octobery.
![]() |
| I took this pic, so I'm not in it. |
I may get a baby brother! ♥ Andrew's mom is having a boy soon, and her due date is the end of this month. I'm very excited to have another newborn baby in the family. Please pray for a safe delivery and a healthy little boy to love!
Thanksgiving is one month away! Christmas is just two months away!
Autumn is the calm before the storm. The rest after a long, busy summer. It's the time for apple cider, sweaters, books, and handfuls of perfect leaves. It's a time to refocus, to learn something new, to write a book, to visit relatives, and to take walks just to see the trees turn colors.
![]() |
| -Anne of Green Gables ♥ |





No comments:
Post a Comment