Friday, February 8, 2013

Praise Him in the Hallway!

I know I haven't been posting that regularly. That was one of my resolutions! Oh well. I have been doing well on most of the others, though. We're still going through the Bible, and Mariah and I are working on our Etsy shop. :) First Impressions needs more attention, as our goal is to finish it by the fall so we can enter it in a few film festivals.

Living frugally is something I've been forced to learn and do because of our income situation right now. My wonderful husband is working on finding a job, but the Lord hasn't provided one yet. A lot of seemingly amazing opportunities have appeared, but they all crashed as quickly as they came. That has been the hardest thing. To come so close to the perfect job...

But, God knows what he's doing. It's hard to wait, but He says "Wait on Me. Seek Me, and you will find Me." It's hard to trust, but He says, "Trust in Me, and I will direct your paths." It's hard to not complain, but He says, "Do not worry about anything, but pray about everything."

While we've been pressed hard, we haven't been abandoned. We've been crushed, but not destroyed. God had blessed us so much during this time. We've been given money from places we didn't expect (even in the mail once! That was such a God thing), and lately money has come in right before we need it. We have a few part-time gigs that we enjoy too. Andrew has been able to referee school basketball games periodically, and I'm choreographing two musicals. We are also getting (our rightful) tax money back from the government this year. Another blessing!

The good things about this time of waiting are: More time alone (and out & about) with my husband. Learning to live frugally and figuring out what little we can live on. Learning to pray more fervently and rely on God for everything.

I am praying God will open a door soon, but while I wait, I'll praise Him in the hallway. :)

4 comments:

  1. Tianna,These lessons will stand you in good stead for the rest of your life. Everything will be so much more appreciated, and will be seen as coming from the hand of God, not just human effort. I continue to pray every day for your needs.Your attitude as a wife, and child of God, gives honor to your Heavenly Father who will provide for all your needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Grandma! Yes, even now it's fun to be able to go grocery shopping, and other "boring" outings. :)

      Delete
  2. I love you, Tianna!! You are an amazing sister. <3

    ReplyDelete